Tuesday, January 19, 2010

rain

We had rain yesterday. Let just say we don't get much rain here so when we do get it the city freaks out. Yesterday it started raining about 3 and it poured. It rained so much in 2 hours that my patio flooded. I ended up going out in the rain and the small lake that was out in the patio to unblock the drain. Once that was done the lake drained out.
Things are looking better this week. I don't feel as down as I did and I am able to look forward.

A bit of background about me. I worked for the same company for 14 years and was laid off last June since the company was sold and the new company didn't need my department. Which was good since I didn't want to work for the new company anyways. The bad new is/was that there are 150 people for 1 new job. I decided to take a few months off since I could and it was summer so who wouldn't want to take a summer off. I am luck that I had saved money and the company gave me money when I left. I also have been collecting unemployment. Now that I am ready to go back to work I am finding it hard to even get a call back about any jobs I have applied for. I am learning that applying, interviewing and getting a job is totally different than it was 15 years ago. Resumes.....that is a whole different ball game in itself these days. OMG you have to have something like 5 different resumes and then when you apply for a job you need to tailor your resume for that job alone with writing a cover letter. I have been so out of the loop it is over whelming for me. Wish me luck as I go out there to find that job that is the right one!

No comments:

Post a Comment